top of page
Add an annotation automatically when a New Commit on Github
It only takes 5 minutes to automate this annotation, and NO coding skills are required.
Here is how to do it:
1. Login to your Crystal Ball account here
2. Create your Zapier account here, you can start FREE
3. Create a new Zap, click on "MAKE A ZAP" button
4. Type "Github" to find the app trigger and select it
5. For Trigger Event, select "New Commit"
6. Connect your Github account and test that everything works fine.
Next: Set up the trigger, choose the Repo and the Head
7. Time to test the trigger
8. Continue and select the action app, search for "Webhooks by Zapier" and select it.
9. Select "POST" option
10. Add the POST URL
IMPORTANT: Pay attention there is NO extra space after the URL when you paste it
The POST URL you can copy it from the documentation page
11. Choose "Form" in the "Payload type" section
12. On the data section, you need to copy/paste the mandatory fields and choose the incoming data from Bitbucket, this will be the data for the annotation
13. Scroll down to the "header", then:
- Copy/paste the word "Authorization" on the header section
- Copy/paste the word "Bearer" on the undefended section
- Go to the API KEYS page and generate a key, copy/paste it after the word "Bearer".
IMPORTANT :There must be a <space> between the word Bearer and Access Token.
- Click Continue & Test
14. Test your ZAP
15. Go back to the annotations page and check if the annotations it's there, it will be also displayed on the Google Analytics account.
You can always edit or delete annotations from your dashboard ; )
Check out all the Integrations!
bottom of page