Add an annotation automatically when a MailChimp campaign is sent
It only takes 5 minutes to automate this annotation, and NO coding skills are required.
4. Type "Mailchimp" to find the app trigger and select it
5. For Trigger Event, select "New Campaign"
6. Connect your Mailchimp account and test that everything works fine
7. Choose your Audience List and your Status
They are optional but very important.
Specify a "Audience List" if you only want the action to be triggered when new campaigns are launched to a specific MailChimp list. If you want to track campaigns to all lists, leave it blank.
The "Status" field is especially important. It's an optional field also, but you need to change it to "Sent". If not, you will also get annotations in your GA when campaigns are created, not when they are sent.
8. Time to test the trigger
9. Continue and select the action app, search for "Webhooks by Zapier" and select it.
9. Select "POST" option
10. Add the POST URL
IMPORTANT: Pay attention there is NO extra space after the URL when you paste it
The POST URL you can copy it from the documentation page
11. Choose "Form" in the "Payload type" section
12. On the data section, you need to copy/paste the mandatory fields and choose the incoming data from Mailchimp, this will be the data for the annotation
13. Scroll down to the "header", then:
- Copy/paste the word "Authorization" on the header section
- Copy/paste the word "Bearer" on the undefended section
- Go to the API KEYS page and generate a key, copy/paste it after the word "Bearer".
IMPORTANT :There must be a <space> between the word Bearer and Access Token.
- Click Continue & Test