top of page
Add an annotation automatically when a New Message Posted to Private Channel in Slack
It only takes 5 minutes to automate this annotation, and NO coding skills are required.
Check also "New Mention on Slack"
4. Type "Slack" to find the app trigger and select it
5. For Trigger Event, select "New Message Posted to Private Channel in Slack"
6. Connect your Slack account and test that everything works fine
7. Go to Slack and make sure you have created a new Private Channel
8. On "Set up trigger" section, choose the Channel
9 Time to test the trigger
10. Continue and select the action app, search for "Webhooks by Zapier" and select it.
11. Select "POST" option
12. Add the POST URL
IMPORTANT: Pay attention there is NO extra space after the URL when you paste it
The POST URL you can copy it from the documentation page
13. Choose "Form" in the "Payload type" section
14. On the data section, you need to copy/paste the mandatory fields and choose the incoming data from Slack, this will be the data for the annotation
15. Scroll down to the "header", then:
- Copy/paste the word "Authorization" on the header section
- Copy/paste the word "Bearer" on the undefended section
- Go to the API KEYS page and generate a key, copy/paste it after the word "Bearer".
IMPORTANT :There must be a <space> between the word Bearer and Access Token.
- Click Continue & Test
16. Test your ZAP
17. Go back to the annotations page and check if the annotations it's there, it will be also displayed on the Google Analytics account.
You can always edit or delete annotations from your dashboard ; )
bottom of page